Numerous Romanic churches of XIth and XIIth centuries are to be visited in valleys of Larboust and Oueil: churches of the villages of Saint-Aventin, Benque-Dessus and Benque-Dessous, Billière, Cazeaux de Larboust, Garin.
Luchon Tourist office : 05 61 79 21 21
Valmirande Castle Park (41ha), listed park
Over 180 species of trees and shrubs
French garden, Arboretum
Valmirande Castle built by Baron Bertrand de Lassus was created ex nihilo in the late nineteenth century. In 1892 he acquired 10 parcels of land in one piece, with an area of approximately 41 hectares, in order to implement the castle surrounded by a landscaped park.
The design of the castle was given to Louis Garros, architect of Bordeaux. For the park, he appealed to Bülher brothers, who made the Parc de la Tete d'Or in Lyon, Marseille Borély Park, the property of Talleyrand Park Valencay and Bordeaux among others.
In 1912, the landscape architect Edouard André was inserted two beds: one north, one south of the castle from which to discover the views of the Pyrenees mountains beyond the valley of the Neste and Saint-Bertrand Comminges.
Guided tours by appointment for groups
Tourist office 05 62 00 79 55
Miègecoste called because of its situation "halfway", we know that already in the fifteenth century, people came on pilgrimage from all around.
Tourist Office of Canton Aspet: 05 61 94 86 51
Between Saint-Gaudens and Saint-Martory, you can see on the right bank of the Garonne, the remains of an old feudal castle. These ruins are those of the castle of Montespan, former head of a barony of the same name and stronghold of the house of Spain. Originally from the Hautes-Pyrenees (Louron valley), the family of Spain became famous in the struggles that liberated the country of four valleys of the Saracen invasions and participated in the crusades of King Louis-St.
Free visit all year round. Is not accessible to disabled people.
Tourist Office Salies-du-Salat: 05 61 90 53 93
Founded in 1136 by monks from Morimond, in the heart of the old county of Comminges, and built according to the strict application of the Cistercian plan prosperous abbey and rayon. This is the time of the monks pioneers, farmers and pastoralists.
The thirteenth-fourteenth centuries, abbots of Bonnefont based in paréage with the King or the Counts of Comminges, the country houses of Beauchalot Lestelle de Saint-Martory, Boussens, Carbon Plaisance du Touch ... Pope Clement V stays the abbey in January 1309.
During the Revolution, the last seven monks were dispersed and the abbey was sold as national property. In the early nineteenth century, the owner sold the majority of architectural elements, offers the portal of the chapter house at the Church of St. Martory, and provides all of the same front for his mansion in the village. The lay of the building, with the gatehouse only survivor, became the main body of a farm.
In the 1980s, two associations redeem the site and begin various restoration works: clearance, excavation, re-roofing, development of the site and rebuilding the sink monks. In 2010, the Community of communes of Saint-Martory took over, and started new phases of work: restoration of the gatehouse, repairs to the structure of the pantry, reassembling the front of the chapter house ... Every summer, the site is open to the public and an exhibition and demonstrations.
Tourist Office of Canton St. Martory: 05 61 97 40 48
Guided tours of downtown and its main building in July and August
Tourist Office in The Isle Dodon: 05 61 79 43 69 or 09 61 07 64 37
Visit the interpretive center Angonia Heritage Martres, and workshops for potters.
Tourist Office Martres Tolosane: 05 61 98 66 41
Palace of the XIII, XV and XVIII centuries. Gate of the cow ( MH)
To see also to Alan : Notre-Dame de Lorette, the ancient hospital of the XVIIIè century
Aurignac Tourist office : 05 61 98 70 06